Another By Lauren Luke My Smokey Classics FOTD

At the risk of being redundant, I love my By Lauren Luke My Smokey Classics so much that I had to do another Face Of The Day (F.O.T.D) with it. Whenever I have a few days off work, it's always fun to go absolutely crazy with my makeup, not having to worry whether it is "work appropriate" or whatever. Today's look is probably not work appropriate and probably more suitable for an evening out. Although, if you are like me, pretend that you are a rock star for a day and wear this anywhere you please. Like Ikea.

I commented
in my last review on the intensity of Twilight Ash. Today's look is achieved using it and the Raven Black gel liner. Not to keep harping on how much I love this video, but I essentially followed Lucky editor Cat Marnell's smokey eye demo. Since My Smokey Classics doesn't include a bronzer, I subbed in the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Sun Glow Powder Bronzer in Spring for a crease color. I also added a touch of Cashmere Creme at the inner eye for accent, which Cat doesn't do in her video. Then I finished it off with two coats of Maybelline Lash Stiletto. The rest of the look is the same, using the Peach Glow blush and the Plumberry lip color from the kit. By the way, I absolutely love love love this blush.

Ok, so enough talking, here is the complete look
featuring Twilight Ash from My Smokey Classics for a random Tuesday trip to Ikea. I have to say, I felt pretty damn glamorous rifling through the throw pillows.

A word of caution, this is not a look to try when you are in a hurry since there is high screw-up potential when using this dark of an eye shadow. Another tip: don't apply under eye concealer until you are finished with the eye makeup. That way, you can clean up any fall out around the eye without wiping away your perfectly applied concealer. Lastly, don't forget to clean off your dirty fingers before doing the rest of your face, or you will end up with black smudges on your cheeks.

 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So gorgeous! If you post another Lauren Luke look, I may not be able to resist buying.

What undeye concealer do you use? Mine is OK, but I think something that spreads easier might be nice. (I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind DOuble Face Perfector in light.)

May 28, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Kyl said...

Hello again! Thanks for the compliment!

To answer your question, I have been using (and used in this photo) tarte The Eraser . I also often use MAC Moisturecover which is a tad cheaper. I've tried the Maybelline one you are using and didn't really like it much. Hope that helps!
May 28, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Karin said...

I bought My Sultry Blues and I've posted several FOTDs at my blog www.savvythinker.com

My next purchase will be the smokey eye kit.

They really are beautiful! Don't you just love her!

October 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Kyl said...

Hey Karin:
Thanks for the comment! I *love* these kits and am so happy that they are available now at Sephora. I just read that she has a book now! Definitely going to have to get that!
October 19, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives