Review: Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel

In my fairly devoted watching of QVC, it is hard to miss the frequent presentations from skin care giant Philosophy. This has made me more aware of the Philosophy products I use, my favorite being as The Microdelivery Peel (also affectionately referred to as "The Great One"). I've been using this off and on for several years, primarily at times when my skin needs refreshing.

The Microdelivery Peel ($65) is an at-home version of the popular microdermabrasion treatment available at medical spas. The spa treatment requires several visits and comes at a fairly hefty price. But those smart cookies at Philosophy knew that there would be a market for a DIY version requiring less investment of time and money.

Hence, they created The Microdelivery Peel. This two-step process works on the skin to provide a dizzying amount of benefits. In the first step, Vitamin C/Peptide Resurfacing Crystals are applied and gently massaged on the skin of the face. This functions to deeply exfoliate and buff away dead, dry, dull-looking skin cells. The crystals are then left on the skin for a few minutes to give the vitamin C and peptides a chance to penetrate into the tissue, brightening and stimulating collagen production.

After a few moments, the Lactic/Salicylic Acid Activating Gel is applied over the crystals and the entire mixture becomes warm and starts to foam a bit. This is left on for one additional minute and then rinsed away. The acids in the activating gel work together to help deep clean pores and unveil the healthy, smooth skin underneath. The mixture also provides some gentle moisturization to add back what the cleansing/exfoliating agents took away.

What is amazing about this product (and has folks coming back for more) is that there truly is immediate obvious results. When I use it my skin is unbelievably smooth, refreshed and restored. Typically I use it before bed and follow with application of moisturizer, but maybe I should try it sometime in the morning so that I can sport my glowing new skin cells all during the day. There's an idea. Another nice thing about it is that it really doesn't take much product to get excellent results. A blob of each product about the size of a quarter is easily enough for the whole face. So even while "The Great One" is expensive, you can expect to get a lot of use from one set. Plus, citrus fanatics like myself love the fresh scent of the vitamin C crystals.

The product does have a few downsides. One is that overly-vigorous application can cause some irritation and make skin look reddened and angry rather than clean and refreshed. I've found that it's best to go with very gentle mechanical exfoliation (scrubbing) and let the chemicals do most of the work. As mentioned above, although its price pales in comparison to spa microdermabrasion, it's still pricey. But otherwise, there aren't a lot of complaints.

Philosophy makes some excellent products and this one is definitely considered among the best, for good reason. If you find that your skin is looking dull and sallow, I highly recommend this concentrated mix of vitamins, peptides and gentle acids for an instant pick-me-up.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives