Too Much Memorial Weekend Partying? The Eraser to the Rescue.

Tarte's Spring 2009 releases included several impressive new offerings including Spring Greening Reusable Straw Makeup Palette ($39), ReCreate Anti-Aging Foundation ($37), A Perfect Whirled Natural Swirl Cheek Stain ($21), Bottoms Up Lower Lash mascara ($16) and The Eraser 4-in-1 Natural Concealer ($19).

I've been using The Eraser for several weeks now and I'm happy to report that it is just as effective and versatile as it claims: Unlike other concealers that just cover the problem, the eraser contains skinvigorating ingredients that help treat and soothe irritated skin and blemishes. The eraser also doubles as an eyeshadow and lipstick base, creating a barrier that prevents against fading and creasing.
Like many, I have a chronic problem with dark under eye circles. They get worse when I haven't had enough sleep (not uncommon) or drank enough water the previous day. Although, after reading this helpful article on the causes of under eye circles, I should add persistent eye rubbing and visible blood vessels to my problem list as well. As such, I'm always looking for good under eye concealers and The Eraser is one of the best I've tried in a while. The Eraser comes in ten different shades covering a wide variety of skin colors. It is packaged in a click-stick with an applicator brush on the end, sort of like Stila lip glaze. I can't think of any other concealer that has this built-in brush, but it is ingenious. Dispensing the product requires only a few quick clicks and it is ready to go! The texture is creamy and dense and it covers under eye circles admirably. I usually just dab it on with the brush and then use my ring finger to gently blend. Voila!

And because a picture is worth 1,000 words, I've snapped a few to demonstrate The Eraser in action. I would recommend taking a trip to your local Sephora to check out what shade would work best for you. I tried both Fair (which was too light) and Bare (which worked perfectly).

Here is before:

And here is after The Eraser:

Obviously, there are still a few shadows under there, but this is kind of as good as it gets with me. Most of the cavernous blue is gone and the area is lighter and brighter. Note also that it doesn't collect in the fine lines around my eyes, but smooths over them easily. The lasting power of The Eraser is excellent and I haven't needed to touch up during the day at all. But, even if I did, the pen dispenser is very convenient to carry. I haven't tried it as an eyeshadow or lipstick primer, but I have used it to conceal blemishes where it works just as well. Overall, I'm quite pleased with The Eraser and recommend checking it out if you are searching for a new concealer.

Since we're on the subject of concealing under eye circles, here are a few tips that I've picked up and/or figured out. One is to be sure to moisturize the under eye area lightly before trying to conceal. It is much easier to work with hydrated skin, whether it be on your cheeks or under your eyes. Don't moisturize so much that the concealer won't "stick," however, just a dab will do. Secondly, I've also noticed that a silicone-based primer works really well for helping the concealer work its magic. Smashbox, Bare Escentuals and DHC make excellent primers for this purpose. Most of them can be used all over the face, but I tend to just use them under the eye. Again, it's not absolutely necessary, but it does help. Lastly, check out this awesome tutorial from Raquel 13 on expertly applying under eye concealer.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives