Dying To Try... Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Airbrush Spray Foundation

I was wandering through Ulta in my usual sort of Ulta-induced trance when I stumbled across this intriguing gem of a product: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Airbrush Spray Makeup ($14). Sally Hansen is definitely one of my favorite drugstore brands and I've already reviewed (and loved!) both a bronzer and an eye shadow palette from the Natural Beauty Inspired by Carmindy line. While the line already includes a liquid foundation, it was always curious to me that they didn't make an airbrush formulation.

This is because, as anyone who has ever watched What Not To Wear knows, Carmindy loves her some airbrush foundation. In fact, I've seen very few episodes where she hasn't used a spray foundation. So it always kind of confused me as to why she didn't have a similar product in her own line. But, finally, here is is. To say that I was excited would be a definite understatement. And at $14, it is quite economical.

The only problem: the store was plum cleaned out of any shade even close to my skin color. In fact, the entire light end of the spectrum was completely sold out. Gone. Nothing. No love.

I've now been back several times and cannot seem to find this stuff in stock. Needless to say, I'm kind of dying to try it but first I need to, you know, locate it and bring it home. Argh! I think this is one of the most frustrating experiences in cosmetic/skin care buying: you see something that looks amazing on a blog, in a magazine or on TV and then you cannot find it to save your life. Why taunt me like this? Why?

 

5 comments:

thecandidcommentary said...

I love the Sally Hansen Airbrush Spray Makeup! I spray a little onto my Beauty Blender and it's perfect. Very lightweight and gives excellent coverage.

Love the blog btw!

June 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Kyl said...

Hi there:
Thanks for the comment! I'm glad to hear that you like it, now I'm even more encouraged to try to find it!
June 24, 2009 at 10:29 PM

leftwicketthree said...

I love this foundation! I had a hard time getting a hold of it at Ulta too, but you can find it at CVS, and they had plenty in stock.

June 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM
leftwicketthree said...

I love this foundation! I had a hard time finding a second bottle at Ulta, but you can find it at CVS as well, and they had plenty in stock. The only downfall is that it runs out pretty fast, a bottle lasts me a little less than a month. But it's still worth it!

June 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM
Kyl said...

Hey leftwicket!
Thanks for your comment. You guys are just making me jealous! I'll try CVS, but there aren't that many in my area for some reason. Thanks for the tip, though!
June 30, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels