Summer Beauty Must Have: Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer

Although this product has been featured in several FOTDs (face of the day) on this blog, I've never written about it explicitly.

The funny thing about doing this blog is that there is always something new that I want to try out. So even if I really love a product, I very rarely repeat buy because I'm forever moving on to the next thing. There are a few exceptions, however, and Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer ($32) is one of them. I'm currently working on my third tube of this and I have a spare waiting in the wings. When I heard that Stila might be going under, I had a momentary panic that this would no longer be available.

So why do I love it so much? For one thing, it provides very sheer coverage that is perfect for Summer. Secondly, the "illuminating" part makes skin dewy, glowing and lit-from-within. It provides the appropriate amount of coverage for gently evening the skin tone and prepping the skin. This moisturizer is perfect for skin that tends toward dryness since it will instantly revive a lackluster appearance and add a youthful glow. It is also fairly moisturizing and contains SPF 15.

There are a few downsides, one being that it is kind of pricey although occasionally you can find a deal on beautycrunch.com. The coverage is very sheer so it won't provide a ton of coverage if you tend toward significant unevenness. Additionally, it probably isn't the best choice for oily or high-shine skin. It is also slightly awkward to apply since it comes out of the tube very thick and is hard to spread initially. But, after it warms to the skin for a few moments, it spreads and blends easily.

There are less expensive, drugstore varieties of tinted moisturizer that are perfectly adequate and get the job done. But, for me, even though it is a little expensive, there is just something about Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer that keeps me coming back for more -- definitely a Beauty Couch favorite.

 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I love tinted moisturizer and sheer/light coverage foundations! I may have to try the Stila stuff. I wish companies would stop putting chemical spf in everything though. Since it's tinted it would be easy enough to use titanium and zinc oxide physical blockers in it without a risk of white-cast. (I can't get chemical SPFs anywhere near my eyes and I know some who can't even wear them anywhere on the face.)

June 10, 2009 at 7:07 PM
Kyl said...

hi Shannon:

That's tough of you are sensitive to the chemical SPFs. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any good tinted moisturizers with titanium or zinc. Hhhmmm...
June 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM

AfricanOrchid said...

Stila online is still having their sale until june 17. if you type in STILAPRO at checkout you get your goodies for 40% off. hope that helps. Nice blog. :-D

June 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM
Kyl said...

AfricanOrchid:
Cool name, by the way! Thanks for the tip, 40% isn't bad!
June 16, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels