Sunscreen Sticks: Genius!

It's entirely possible these ingenious products have been around for a long time; but, for whatever reason, they have only recently come to my attention. I am talking about sunscreen sticks -- that's right, sunscreen in a semi-solid stick form not unlike antiperspirant.

The brilliance of these products is that the sticks are at least 1/3 - 1/2 of the size of regular tubes of sunscreen, making them at least 2-3x more convenient to carry around in your purse, beach bag, gym bag or whatever. They are also solving my problem of what to do for sun protection near the end of the day. Unfortunately, the sunscreen I use in the morning is long gone by the time I'm ready to drive home from work. Now I can just throw one of these tubes in my work bag and touch up prior to leaving. Perfect!

There are several of these on the market now, but here are a few that are worth checking out.

Korres Watermelon Sunscreen Stick with SPF 30 ($25) is probably the one I'm lusting after most right now. Having tried Korres Watermelon Sunscreen Cream and loved it (real watermelon scent! awesome!), this one is sure to please. It also adds some iridescent pigment to enliven the complexion.

Clinique Sun SPF 45 Targeted Protection Stick ($18) steps up the protection to SPF 45 providing enhanced UVA protection to guard against premature aging. The bright yellow color will make it easy to find in an already-crowded bag.

Don't forget that men need sun protection, too. Luckily, Anthony Logistics for Men has created a sun protection stick for them, Sun Stick with SPF 15 ($16), so that they don't have to feel too girly about skin protection.

Lastly, if the idea of spending around $20 for less than 1 oz. of product is less than appealing, there are some good drugstore offerings as well. Neutrogena comes through with several varieties (for adults and babies, incidentally) of stick sunscreens like this Healthy Defense Oil-Free Sunblock Stick with SPF 30 ($8).

Tuck one of these in a convenient spot and never be without sunscreen again. That alone is worth a trip to the store.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels