Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara

Anastasia Soare is well known as brow consultant to the stars (most recently Kim Kardashian) as well as the originator of such incredible brow grooming products as the All About Brows Kit and the Brow Definer. Now she has taken her talent for producing beautiful brows and applied it their Southerly neighbors, the eyes. It makes a certain amount a sense, being that probably 85% of brow grooming is done to enhance the eyes anyway. So why not add a kick-butt mascara to the package as well?

I'm not sure if that was Anastasia's thinking or not, but it seems to have worked. The Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara ($22) is designed to thicken and curl lashes with just one stroke. The product is formulated with hard waxes and synthetic polymers that act to both dramatically beef up wimpy lashes without any pesky clumping action. Additionally, the mascara reportedly enhances curl and, if you go so far as to use it with an eye lash curler, helps to maintain the eye-opening effect. The mascara only comes in one color at the moment, which is of course, the blackest black.

I've been using the Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara for several weeks and it is definitely what I reach for when some major volume is in order. The brush is on the bigger side and it effectively catches every small lash to darken and build it up for maximal volume. I'm not sure that the curl-enhancing properties have been as overt as the volumizing, but I do believe that it acts like hairspray for my lashes. If I take the extra step of curling them, then the Anastasia mascara does a good job of keeping the curl throughout the day, something that other mascaras do not.

Pictures are better than words, so here is a before and after shot of me wearing the Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara. Hopefully it should be obvious which is the "before" and which is the "after." But just to be clear, the eye seen on the left is before and the eye on the right is the after. I'm sure that there is some scientific way or measuring this, but in my amateur estimation, I think my lashes look at least 3x darker and fuller compared with the other eye.

There are a few downsides to point out. As I have an established aversion to paying more than $10 for a mascara, I feel obligated to point out that it is on the expensive side. Secondly, I think that the wear is pretty good overall, but I have had a consistent problem with under eye smudging as the day goes on when wearing this. That small dark shadow just creeps in riiiiight under the lower lash line. I wouldn't even mention it except that it really has been a consistent problem.

But despite those minor bummers, I do really like this mascara. It is easy to use, provides big results and lasts all day without flaking. For a brow expert making her first foray into mascara, I think Anastasia was right on target. Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara is available online at Anastasia.net, Sephora or Nordstrom.

 

2 comments:

Gel-Nails said...

Nice Post ! Thanks for sharing us.

October 21, 2009 at 3:15 AM
BessJankins said...

Wow, it looks really beautiful on your eyes! Thank you for your review, I had been wondering what others were thinking! I got this mascara in my brow kit also from Anastasia, and I was immediately in love! So much lift, volume, fullness, intensity all in one tube! I didn't have a problem with it smearing under my eyes at all...but I know my mom has this consistent issue, and I think it's just the shape of some people's eyes. Maybe you could wear waterproof on the bottom?! Thanks for the review. I love it too!

July 14, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives