Brush Extraordinaire: EcoTools Blush Brush

A while back I bought a friend of mine a collection of EcoTools brushes for her birthday. This collection, in fact, because I knew she is an environmentally-conscious person who needed some brushes. All of the EcoTools are made with natural and recycled materials and the brush heads are 100% cruelty-free. The handles are low-impact bamboo and the ferrule is made from recycled materials.

So that was all well and good except that I never got around to trying them out for myself until recently. Boy, was I missing out! The EcoTools Blush Brush ($8) is the softest, most luxurious, pampering brush I have ever used. It is, in short, amazing. The bristles are so so so soft, they do not even compare with others. Before the EcoTools Blush Brush, the Everyday Minerals brushes were the softest in my collection, but this brush surpasses even them. Don't even talk to me about the Bare Minerals brushes, which now just feel like rubbing sandpaper on my face.

Beyond the softness, EcoTools Blush Brush is incredible at applying a beautiful flush of blush to the cheeks. It is shaped perfectly to just hit the apple of the cheek and it easily blends for a gorgeous finish. Because there are so many bristles, you do have to watch to not pick up too much color, but after one or two uses, it is no problem. I seriously love the feel of this thing on my face. I wish that I could carry it around all day like a security blanket, stroking my cheek. That is probably not possible; at least, not without attracting some rather peculiar stares.

The EcoTools are widely available at drugstores and Ulta. I can't wait to pick up a few more. I think the Powder Brush or the Retractable Kabuki might be next on the list. If you are a blush fanatic like I am, you are seriously missing out by not trying this brush. It's just that good.

 

4 comments:

Internationally Beautiful said...

YES! I love this brush. I after I wash it and let it dry; I always go to my son and swipe it across his cheek. If he squirm and giggles that lets me know that its soft and no matter how many times I can wash it; It still has the same softness as if it was brand new! I agree, be careful with picking up blush. I brought Wet n Wild blushes and I swore they were pigmented. Nope, after I did swatches I realized it was the brush.

July 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM
Kyl said...

Hey there Internationally Beautiful:
Thanks for your comment. Isn't that cool how an awesome brush can make cheap blush look great?
July 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM

hervanity said...

This is my favorite brush too. In fact I bought the set of 6 in the full size brushes and a set of 5 for the mini brushes because one time it was buy one and get the second one 50% off.

July 14, 2009 at 9:58 AM
Kyl said...

Hi hervanity:

Thanks for your comment. Everyone loves this brush! It is the best $8 I've spent in a looong time. Sadly, no 50% sale for me but I'm always looking!
July 14, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives