Dove Visibly Smooth -- Amazingly Smoother!

Dove Visibly Smooth ($8) is a new antiperspirant/deodorant that aims to not only protect from unsightly wetness, but also to make underarm hair softer and less noticeable over time.
Dove Visibly Smooth’s formula helps underarms feel stubble free for longer. Using Dove Visibly Smooth minimizes the visual appearance of underarm hair over time. This leaves underarms feeling smoother, longer, and basically puts an end to that prickly feeling. It doesn’t affect hair growth, but does soften and condition underarms and underarm hair to improve the overall look and feel of underarms. Dove Visibly Smooth also contains Dove’s ¼ translucent moisturizers with natural extracts, which conditions and cares for underarm skin.
When I initially read about Dove Visibly Smooth, I found it perplexing. In all honesty, keeping me dry all day long is about the only requirement that I have for antiperspirant -- and most of them fail at that. So to think about adding additional purposes just seemed unnecessary. However, I then had the opportunity to challenge my skepticism of the whole concept and I'm glad that I did.

Now that I've been using the Dove Visibly Smooth Wild Rose (it also comes in Nature Fresh) for the past month, I have to say, it is impressive on many levels. Usually I go with unscented things, but the Wild Rose scent is pretty unobtrusive and I don't mind it. To address the #1 requirement, this stuff is very effective at keeping me fresh and dry throughout the day. Prior to using the Dove Visibly Smooth, I was using a clinical strength formulation of another brand. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Dove Visibly Smooth actually kept me drier than that one. Just as a side note, I do use deodorant both in the morning and prior to bed and I find that this really helps to keep the underarm dampness away. The Dove Visibly Smooth also has a clinical strength option, but I haven't tried that one.

So now that objective #1 was accomplished adeptly by Dove Visibly Smooth, what of this hair minimizing business? It was kind of surprising to me, but after using it consistently for about 2 weeks, I did start to notice that my underarm hair was growing back more slowly than usual. I'll spare you the graphic details about this, but after a month of use, I really did notice a difference in the amount and coarseness of the hair. I can't say that "that prickly feeling" was ever really that bothersome to me personally, but the hair was softer and sparser overall. Pretty cool, actually! Overall, I'm quite happy with this product and I can honestly say that I'm unlikely to go back to my former brand after using Dove Visibly Smooth -- I really like it that much better!

If you are interested in trying out Dove Visibly Smooth for yourself, I have some $2 off coupons that I'd love to give away to some lucky readers. Just send an email to beauty couch (one word) at gmail dot com with your name and address (U.S.A. only, please). The first ten people to email will get a coupon for themselves and one to give away to a friend. For those who require instant gratification, check out Dove's website or their Facebook page for printable coupons. Dove Visibly Smooth is widely available at drugstores near you.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives