Max Factor Vivid Impact Lip Color -- Get 'Em Before They're Gone!

Talk about a good news/bad news scenario: just when I found the perfect drugstore lipstick, I find out that it will soon be unavailable!

Although I mentioned Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipsticks a while back, I finally had a chance to try them out for myself these past few weeks. It turns out, they are F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C. Rich, creamy, highly-pigmented with reasonable staying-power, they have everything you might want in a lipstick. In addition, with 20 shades from which to choose, there is something for everyone, from the very adventurous to the more work-appropriate. I've been wearing Pin Up Pink, which is definitely pink and very fun (and apparently very on trend). I've also been using the coordinating lip liner, which again, is of excellent quality. In need of a color suggestion? Visit this Total Beauty quiz to determine your winning shade!

Seriously, folks, these lipsticks, which ring up around $8-9, are as good or better than MAC lipsticks that cost at least $5 more plus a special trip to the MAC or department store. The Max Factors, I can pick up in just about any old drugstore around the corner. That is... until 2010.

Last month, Max Factor announced that they were pulling out of U.S. markets in search of greener (i.e. foreign) pastures. Their products will still be sold overseas (and by scalpers on ebay, no doubt), but will no longer grace the shelves of local drugstores in the U.S.A. Sadly, this is the end of an era for this legendary brand. While Max Factor will live on in other markets, for the rest of us left behind, it's time to stock up on holy grail Max Factor products before it is too late.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives