My New Obsession: Earth Therapeutics Cracked Heel Repair

Earth Therapeutics is one of those ubiquitous brands that just seem to pop up everywhere I turn: drug stores, beauty stores, department stores, home stores. It's fairly impressive in terms of market penetration, but I truly doubt that they would be so easy to find if they didn't make such awesome products. At any given moment, I probably have at least three Earth Therapeutics products in my bath/beauty routine -- currently the Anti-Bacterial Bath Sponge ($7), the Dream Zone Sleep Mask ($8) and the Anti-Stress Body Wrap ($30).

But my newest discovery, the Earth Therapeutics Cracked Heel Repair($10), is on the fast-track to being one of my favorites. I picked up this little gem as an impulse buy when I discovered an entire 40% off Earth Therapeutics display. Having never encountered the Cracked Heel Repair before, I figured what the heck, and happily tossed it in the basket.

What follows was a complete surprise to me as I did not expect to love this stuff as much as I do. Essentially, it's a balm for the feet. As a caveat, I don't have cracked heels so I can't really attest to its ability to repair them. But, like many of us in the Summer months, I do have calloused and frequently dry heels and it has worked magic on them. To use it, just push the stick up and then rub on problematic areas, using as little or as much as you like. Applying the balm before bed and then putting on some clean white socks really helps maximize the effect. It worked to soften my dry heels so much that I started putting it all over my feet. Turns out it works amazingly well as a cuticle treatment as well!

Other good things about it include that it does come in the applicator stick, so you don't have to get the balm all over your hands while applying it to your feet. The formula is rich with shea butter and has a pleasant fragrance that I can't exactly place, but it is kind of almond-y. Thankfully, it isn't peppermint scented. I cannot stand peppermint scented things, which unfortunately tend to be popular in foot products, so the nice scent of the Cracked Heel Repair balm made me quite happy. This is kind of gross, but I'll tell you anyway; (*whispering*) I've even used it as a night time lip balm and it's awesome.

A few bummers include that it is kind of expensive for the amount of product that you get and I've been plowing through mine at a pretty rapid pace. Granted, I tend to be a little lavish in my body product application (mostly because I'm always trying to use up stuff), so someone with more restraint would probably make it last quite a long time. Also, it can be awkward to apply because you have to keep pressure on the push-up part of the stick or it retreats back into the case. A screw-up applicator may have been a better choice.

But other than those concerns, I have been thoroughly pleased with the Earth Therapeutics Cracked Heel Repair Balm. It is easy and fun to use and, most importantly, quite effective at hydrating parched Summer heels. Add in the thick, rich emollient and the pleasant scent and it's no wonder it has taken up a place of honor on my nightstand.

 

1 comments:

Alena said...

Nice Blog! Has any one successfully tried Ayurvedic treatment for foot care? I have using some herbal products and pretty impressed with the results.

December 10, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives