Perricone MD Advanced Face Firming Activator

Chances are you've encountered Dr. Perricone on some late-night channel surfing. If he isn't showcasing his brand on QVC, there he is on a PBS special talking about "the wrinkle cure." This results in the good doctor being one of the most recognizable people in the skincare industry.

Probably similar to many of you, I was familiar with the visage and reputation of Dr. Perricone long before I had the opportunity to try one of his most popular anti-aging cosmeceuticals, the Advanced Face Firming Activator ($120). Formulated with a whole slew of patented, anti-aging ingredients, this product aims to "visibly resurface skin's texture, reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and enlarged pores, and reveal a radiant and healthy complexion." Sounds good to me!

Here is a list of some active ingredients:
Alpha Lipoic Acid (patented)
- The ultimate antioxidant protects the cell
- Diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and discoloration
- Refines skin texture
- Reduces pore size, puffiness, imperfections and uneven skin tone

DMAE (patented)
- Provides ultimate contouring benefits to skin beginning to lose elasticity
- Delivers lifted, tightened and toned appearance to the skin
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles

Sodium Hyaluronate
- Locks in moisture to help diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Hydrates to renew suppleness in the skin
After having used the Advanced Face Firming Activator for over a month, I can say with confidence that it is truly an amazing product! In general, I don't have major skin problems (some unevenness, some fine lines); this is a blessing, yes, but it makes it hard to tell if skin products are actually helping or not because any changes are going to necessarily be pretty subtle. As a result, I didn't have high expectations for any noticeable improvements with this stuff. But, boy, did I ever underestimate it!

After using it for a month, I have definitely noticed an overall enhanced appearance of my skin. The texture and tone are much improved compared to prior. Any trace of red blotchiness that I had has literally disappeared and has been replaced with a brightness that is pretty appealing. Some visible pores have become invisible and there is an overall polished look to my skin that I can only attribute to the product. All of these improvements are in spite of the fact that I've been getting more sun exposure in the past month than I have all year to date. Of course, I always wear SPF, but nothing is 100% effective, and so I'm sure there has been some sun damage that the AFFA has had to contend with. But even with this additional challenge, my skin is smooth, glow-y and I could not be happier with it.

The product is simple to use and is only required once per day. Prior to moisturizing in the morning, apply a few pumps of the Advanced Firming Face Activator all over the face and neck in gentle, circular motions. That's it! At first, I was kind of bummed at the idea of adding yet another product to my morning routine. It takes long enough as it is! But, seriously here, if I'm going to spend the time on another product, it better be one that provides some results. And with the Perricone Advanced Firming Face Activator, there is no doubt that this is an excellent time and money investment. If you are interested in trying it out for yourself, you are in luck because The Beauty Couch is hosting a giveaway for a bottle of Advanced Firming Face Activator to one lucky reader! Click here to enter!

Interested in other Dr. Perricone's products but not sure which ones would be right for you? Take the Perricone Skin Quiz to get personalized recommendations based on your skin type and problems. Given my experience, it comes as no surprise that the AFFA is one of Perricone's best-sellers; but now I'm pretty psyched to try out some of the others. High Potency Eye Lift maybe?


 

9 comments:

Bro. Robert Peach, FSC said...

The Fountain of Youth in a Perricone Bottle! Sounds like a good give!

July 22, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Becca said...

I just started using this stuff and I already love it! I'd love to win this so I don't have to pay $120 bucks to keep the fix going!

July 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM
KPritch8806 said...

I have heard so much about these products, would love to win so I can finally get the chance to try it out! Thanks for the great giveaway!

July 22, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Kyl said...

Everyone is so excited, which makes me excited! Thanks for your awesome comments. I wish that everyone could win...
July 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Danielle said...

I've heard Perricone products are amazing- I'd love to try them !

July 23, 2009 at 7:36 AM
Cassie said...

Uhhh this sounds like miracle cream! I want!

July 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Kyl said...

Consider yourselves warned, I keep perusing other Perricone products that I'm now interested in. This is possibly a dangerous (i.e. expensive) habit to establish...
July 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Estelle Tran said...

I'd love to win this and give it to my mom. I think she's splurging on he $60 Este Lauder creams.

July 29, 2009 at 12:30 PM
Stephanie said...

I've heard this stuff is great! I would love to try it.

July 30, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels

Archives