Good Hair

When I say I'm having a "good hair" day, it means a completely different thing than when people refer to "good" or "bad" African American hair. The idea of being born with "good" vs. "bad" hair and the lengths many African American women go to to convert one to the other is the subject of Chris Rock's new documentary, Good Hair.

Prompted by the heart-wrenching question of his young daughter "Daddy, how come I don't have good hair?" Rock set out on a mission to document the complicated relationship this question reflects.



I am pretty excited to see this movie when it comes out in October, if only to have a better appreciation myself of the expensive and time consuming process many women regularly go through in order to achieve some elusive beauty ideal. Anyway, I'm sure they will be lots more to discuss after the movie comes out, but definitely watch the preview for a little taste.

 

2 comments:

SweetFurr said...

The movie will be interesting!

August 19, 2009 at 9:14 PM
Kyl said...

Definitely! I can't wait to see it.
August 23, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels