Skin Care Week: Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer

When it comes to skin care, prevention is the name of the game. While there are some high potency cosmeceuticals out there these days to combat signs of aging, keeping the sun damage to a minimum is a much better bet to prevent wrinkles and sagging. Daily SPF is essential to that plan.

Some readers have requested to know what some of my "must-have" or "staple" products are. Let me introduce you to one of them, Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 45 ($15). Full disclosure, I started using it because I got a 2-pack at Costco for cheap and SPF 45 is about where I like to start for daily use. But I like it so much that I just bought my second 2-pack of the Summer just this week. Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer comes in tinted and untinted; I've been using the plain (again, because that's what they have at Costco). Formulated for daily usage, I like the fact that it contains helioplex, thereby providing broad spectrum UVA (aging rays) and UVB (sunburn rays) protection.

Usage is pretty straightforward (apply liberally to face) and it thankfully doesn't have a sunblock-y smell. Usually this goes on first, before any other foundation, powder or other makeup -- although I read that you were supposed to put sunblock on last, I just can't do it. This product has become one of my staples because it is effective and provides a good amount of hydration in addition to sun protection. I also appreciate that it hasn't produced any blemishes and is pretty affordable and widely available. Things that I don't particularly like about it include the fact that it is a tad greasy and takes a while to fully absorb. It doesn't leave a white, pasty look, but the skin is kind of all-over shiny. I combat this with small dabs of foundation here and there or some translucent powder, which seems to work just fine. I have yet to find a high SPF moisturizer that isn't greasy, so I think counteracting the shine just might be the price to pay for that level of protection.

But even with those drawbacks, I got through a tube of this stuff about every 3 weeks. Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer is an easy, effective, affordable choice that's worth checking out. It definitely has a permanent place on my skin care shelf.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels