Tarte Fall 2009 Collection

Fall is ever-approaching, which, in my opinion, is a complete bummer. Thankfully, there are always oodles of new products from all of my favorite brands just waiting in the wings to console me. Tarte Cosmetics has several new offerings this season that will definitely fit the bill. Here are a few on my short list...



It is always important to start with a good base, by which we mean a beautiful complexion. Tarte has the base covered this year with the Sephora-exclusive Natural Beauty Complexion Collection ($54). For this price, you get full sizes of clean slate natural face primer, the eraser 4-in-1 natural concealer, ReCreate natural anti-aging foundation, provocateur pressed mineral powder, mineral powder bronzer and a foundation brush (synthetic bristles with wood handle) all in a reusable and recyclable makeup bag. Separately, these items would cost $157, making this collection an awesome value. And while I haven't used it personally, I've heard great things about Park Avenue Princess which usually will set you back $28 by itself. The collection comes in four shades for a wide range of skin tones and is chock-full of good for your skin ingredients to boot.

Tarte Cheek Stains ($28) are perfect for ladies who just want to find one solid product that they will use for the rest of their lives. Because, I'm not even joking here, the Cheek Stains last forever. And ever. They last forever in the bottle and, more importantly, on your face. While powder blush often disintegrates by lunchtime, Cheek Stains last till happy hour and beyond.

For Fall 2009, Tarte has added a new color to the Cheek Stain family, Green Siren. I've seen Green Siren in person and it is breathtaking. It looks like the love child of Tipsy (sheer coral-pink) + Sunkissed (golden bronze), the result being an incredible golden apricot shade that adds color and a touch of shimmer. So gorgeous!





Now that the skin and cheeks are taken care of, it's time to turn attention to the peepers. For Fall, tarte has created two striking eye palettes: Femme Naturale and Femme Fatale ($44). Each palette contains 10 eye shadows in magnetic, removable pans for mixing and matching (or refilling) plus a double-ended brush and eye liner all enclosed within a recyclable container. Femme Fatale is a total knock-out with the sultry, smokey shades and a gold studded case. Meanwhile, Femme Naturale's subdued colors are perfectly suited to quieter moods with ten universally flattering neutrals. Each palette comes with a direction card that illustrates some ideas for various looks to copy or use as inspiration.

The collection also contains other new items like Dark Circle Defense Natural Under Eye Corrector with brush ($32), the natural eye primer Lifted ($20), and a new golden coral shade of the 24/7 Lip Sheer, Reduce ($14).

All in all, I think it looks like a pretty solid collection to perk up those end-of-Summer blues. Tarte's fall 09 collection is available now at tarte.com, Sephora, beauty.com, Henri Bendel and boutiques nationwide.

 

2 comments:

Navare said...

I love the loose powder! It's very finely milled.

September 9, 2009 at 6:26 AM
Kyl said...

Hey Navare:

Thanks for the tip! Even another reason to pick thsi one up. Are you planning on trying it out?
September 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels