Dress for Success Cause Party

Johnson & Johnson contacted me a while back about sponsoring a party with the dual purpose of featuring their 2009 collection and raising money for the charity Dress for Success. After a month of planning and general fussing (all of which I thoroughly enjoyed), last night's party was a complete success and SO. MUCH. FUN.

Around a dozen of my friends were able to make it and, with a $100 kick-off donation from J&J, the party raised over $500 to support the work of Dress for Success!
The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life... Each Dress for Success client receives one suit when she has a job interview and can return for a second suit or separates when she finds work. Since 1997, Dress for Success has served almost 450,000 women around the world."
Plus, J&J generously donated reusable, canvas gift bags for all the party attendees complete with full sized samples of their Forever Fresh and Melt Away Stress Body Washes and Lotions. Here is a picture of the adorable gift bags all laid out.



Here's me with the table set up.



I was especially proud of the drink display.
















And here are some friends enjoying the party.


I just have to say thanks to all of my friends who came, participated and made the night such an amazing success and to J&J for providing the opportunity to have fun and help out a worthy charity at the same time. If you feel inspired, please consider donating to Dress for Success either nationally or in your area.

 

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Aw, looks like fun! I wish I could have been there!

September 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM
Kyl said...

Hey Meghan!

We definitely missed you! I have a gift bag for you, actually!
September 6, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels