Eyes On The Prize -- That Is, Having Beautiful Eyes

Eye creams are a tricks-y business: they promise so much and deliver so little. Despite what marketers try to tell us, the bottom line is that eventually we will all show our age around our eyes; insisting otherwise is unrealistic and delusional. Knowing that, it's best just to focus on caring for the delicate eye area by not squinting, wearing sunglasses and using products that may slow the inevitable aging process rather than putting all our hopes and dreams into a new "miracle" serum.

Which brings me to the subject of today's review, L’Oreal Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream ($20). Despite being billed for deep-set wrinkles, this dual ended cream has benefits for eyes at all stages of the aging process. It cleverly combines two separate eye cream formulations (AM and PM) in one affordable product. The AM hydrating cream is thick and creamy and instantly absorbs, smoothing and ever-so slightly plumping the cells around the eye. The rapid absorption is a key feature, in my mind, because I can't stand around waiting to apply makeup until the eye cream disappears. But, no worries here. In terms of protection from sun damage, the AM cream offers broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15 coverage.

The PM treatment contains a healthy dose of Pro-Retinol A to help increase cell turnover. It also contains something called a "Fiber Restoring Complex" with anti-aging ingredients that reportedly stimulate skin to build collagen for increased firmness. The PM cream is thinner in consistency than the AM cream, but both are lightweight, non-greasy and moisturizing.

On the balance, this product has some real advantages. To start, it is incredibly affordable for an eye cream. Especially considering that it contains two treatments in one. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a single eye cream for $20 even at the drugstore. In terms of quantity, each tube contains 0.2 oz of product; this has easily lasted more than a month with some to spare. I like the addition of the SPF in the AM cream and, of the two, it seems to be my favorite. Maybe the PM cream has some awesome, revolutionary ingredients, but it seemed pretty standard to me. After a month of use, I can't say that I've seen dramatic results using the L’Oreal Revitalift Deep-Set Wrinkle Repair Eye Cream. Nevertheless, I think this product is a success in providing access to protective, anti-aging ingredients at an affordable, drugstore price.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels