Product Lust: Seven September Must-Haves

Hearing about/reading/seeing/touching/smelling new products are all favorite activities of mine. In fact, there are so many cool things out there, it's really unfortunate that the limits of time and budget keep me from trying them all. But, that won't keep me from yapping about them and passing the product lust on to other unsuspecting souls. With the weather change and the impending dearth of daylight, my desires wander to cozy and comfy. Here are seven my wants and loves for the month of September.

First up is this cute little ball that is actually lip balm! The Eos Lip Balm Sphere ($4) is 95% USDA organic and free of petrolatum and parabens. It is also packed with soothing ingredients like shea butter, jojoba oil and Vitamin E to keep lips smooth and kissable. It comes in three delicious-sounding flavors: Sweet Mint, Honeysuckle Honeydew and Summer Fruit. Yum!

The LORAC Front Of The Line Pro ($22) is a new long-wearing, smudge-resistant waterproof liquid liner. The appealing thing, however, is the thin, flexible tip that claims to provide the "ultimate control" in application. It reminds me of a very fine point Sharpie marker and I can only hope that it is as easy to use. A perfect cat eye swoop without a messy liquid liner wand -- that would be a relief!

In the fragrance category, people are super excited about the latest scent from Marc Jacobs, Lola ($85). The second fragrances from MJ named after his dogs (Daisy being the first), Lola the perfume is likened to be Daisy's older, sexier sister. With notes of pink peppercorn, pear, ruby red grapefruit, geranium, vanilla and musk, just to name a few, this scent promises a sexy playfulness that is hopefully not reminiscent of a dog in any way. The bottle design is also beautiful and would look incredible on anyone's dresser.

Beauty mavens everywhere are seriously freaking out about this next product, YSL Gloss Volupté ($30). I have seen this product raved about in no fewer than three September magazines. At that rate, I half expected to see something about it in the Cook's Country that arrived today. The excitement is related to the gorgeous transparency of color that leaves only the ultimate in sheer, sensuous shine without any gloopiness or stickiness. It's like the holy grail of lip gloss. Plus, how chic are the tubes? Wouldn't you just love to casually pull one of these out of your bag in the ladies room? If you are intrigued, I would act fast since these are sure to sell out -- one of the four shades is already gone!

Of course I can't leave out a Fall nail color. This reason, Rescue Beauty Lounge payed tribute at the Altar of the Blog World by letting three prominent polish lovers design their own shades. The result is the "Blog Writer's Colors." My fave and September must-have is from hometown gal, Michelle Mismas of All Lacquered Up fame. Aptly named, Mismas ($18), this deep purple cream is trendy but not over the top and the color saturation is truly stunning.

Lastly, what would September be without a cozy Fall sweater? I just picked up this one from Old Navy ($44); anyone who knows me should expect to see me wearing this probably every day until next June. It is so warm and fuzzy that I am half tempted to sleep in it!

So, that's it, that list of my Seven September Must-Haves. I have to share this because I'm just so damn proud of it; I tried to make this really cool collage but the stupid software put obnoxious watermarks over the whole thing! The thing is, I'm using an authorized free trial, so why make it look like I'm stealing or something? Even a little watermark would be fine, but those are just ridiculous and ruin the whole thing. Anyway, I might buy the software, but I'm not sure I would love this software more than a YSL Gloss Volupté anyway. So there, jerks.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels