Product Lust: Urban Decay Ink for Eyes

Coming across these incredible new gel liners from Urban Decay was a total stop-the-presses moment for me. First of all, the case has a peacock on it. I'm not a peacock freak or anything, but that design just speaks to me. That was my initial attraction to Ink for Eyes ($22).

Beyond the gorgeous packaging, I am intrigued to try out the actual product: a creamy gel liner. Although previously a strictly pencil liner gal, these days I'm gravitating more toward gel and liquid. Typically, time is too short to attempt liquid, so gel is a happy medium. Ink for Eyes has a long, sleek package containing one of six shades of the gel liner along with a duo-ended brush (angled liner and "smudger"). It also has a mirror which is an excellent idea, in my opinion, for touch ups.
Create razor-sharp lines or smoky bedroom eyes… the creamy formula and double-ended applicator make it easy. Try the angled liner brush for precise details, or use the smudger for blending and drama. With such a wide variety of intriguing shades and ways to apply, you’re only limited by your imagination. (Cheesy, but true.) What’s our secret ingredient? Nylon 12! This high-tech polymer decreases drag for flawless application (no skips or smears), while softening and absorbing excess oil. Color glides easily and stays true all day long. And, the formula is paraben-free!"
Choose from one of six colors including a unique iridescent white glitter, Pyrotechnics. For the less adventurous, there are the standard black and brown offerings. For the slightly-more adventurous, there are oh-so-trendy eggplant, navy and hunter green shades. Definitely something for everyone and, seriously, who doesn't love that peacock?

 

2 comments:

mtycer said...

I really really wanted to love this product. I got a free Ink for Eyes in Empire (purple). I was so excited because it comes with a brush, and the packaging was cute... but the product was kind of dry, not very creamy, and BALLED UP! I've never had any eyeliner do that.

I would not recommend this product. MAC Fluidlines and Stila Smudgepots come in many great colors (many of which are similar to Urban Decay's). MAC and Stila are also cheaper/come with more product! Save your money and stick with MAC/Stila.

September 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Kyl said...

Hi mtycer:

Thanks so much for the heads-up. Eye liner that "balled up" sounds pretty weird for sure. I was going to try it out at the store before buying, but using the testers for eye products freaks me out.

MAC Fluidlines are fantastic; the Stila Smudgepots and I don't get along for whatever reason. But, you're right, there are lots of other (cheaper) brands from which to choose if this one is not a winner. Thanks for your comment!
September 22, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels