Review: L'Oreal EverPure UV Spray

Chances are you have seen ubiquitous ads for the L'Oreal EverPure product line. Released last Winter, the EverPure line was designed to be completely free of harsh and drying ingredients that can dull color and damage hair. In particular, they are free from sulfates, surfactants and harsh salts. In place of these ingredients, L'Oreal designed a blend of five naturally-derived surfactants for gentle cleansing combined with silicones for additional color protection. Previously only found in expensive, high-end natural products, this was the first mass market sulfate-free line to come out.

While I haven't used the entire EverPure line (which contains moisturizing, frizz-fighting and volumizing shampoos and conditioners), I have been using the EverPure UV Spray ($9) for the past few weeks. It turns out that UVA and UVB rays are damaging both to skin and to color-treated hair, causing rapid fading of expensive color treatments. The EverPure UV Spray can be used on any hair type and aims to provide additional sun protection.

For what it's worth, preserving my already quite-faded hair color isn't really much of an ambitious goal at this point. So, while I have been faithfully using EverPure, I can't really speak to whether it has had much of an impact on my color or not. But, I can say a few things about it. First, it does have a really interesting scent with infusion of rosemary and mint. It is a spicy smell that is not saccharine-sweet in any way. It does come off as a little strong initially, but quickly fades. With regard to its ability to function as a hair spray, I would give it a solid B. It's not amazing, but it is passable. I think the main advantage to using it would be the UV protection. So if you want to protect your color-treated hair, spending the money on this spray might be a reasonable idea. If you are just looking for a good hair spray for daily use, I think that there are cheaper alternatives.

L'Oreal EverPure is available nationwide in chain drug, food and mass market retailers.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels