Review: L'Oreal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara

Since my previous adventure with L'Oreal mascara was... shall we say... disappointing, it was with low expectations that I began using L'Oreal Paris Extra Volume Collagen Mascara ($8) a few weeks ago. This mascara is the latest to join the L'Oreal family and boasts heretofore unheard of volume, claiming 12x more voluminous impact than other mascaras. This is achieved by a new brush design that "provides lash-by-lash definition with incredible wear and no clumping, flaking or smudging." The formula has also been adjusted and supplemented with a mix of collagen and hyaluronic spheres that are meant to cling to the lashes for maximal volume. It comes in both washable and waterproof varieties.

Unlike the L'Oreal Panoramic, the Extra Volume mascara is an excellent performer and I think lives up to its claim of producing some serious volume in the lash department. The formula is quite nice and I didn't have any flaking or smudging through days of wear. Here are some before and after pics to demonstrate the difference.

Before

After L'Oreal Paris Extra Volume Collagen Mascara

It is quite a difference and I think my lashes definitely look fuller. The brush does a good job of grabbing every little lash to achieve this, but I found that it was a little tricky to use. Due to the large size of the brush, it would often place mascara beyond the lashes on my eyelid which then needed to be cleaned up with a cotton swab. Eventually I got the hang of it and needed less clean up, but it was a persistent problem with the new mega-brush. My other complaint is with the size of the container. Why does mascara need to be in these humongous containers? One of the best selling mascaras of all time, Maybelline Great Lash, has a small, very compact container and people love it. Is there some idea that the larger the container, the larger the space it will take up in my heart? Because, if that's the case, it's not working and I only resent the space that it takes up in my already-crowded makeup bag. Small and chic is preferable every time.

If your lashes need volume, look no further than your local drugstore to pick up a tube of L'Oreal Paris Extra Volume Collagen Mascara. That is, if it will fit in your purse.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels