Review: L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer

Sorry for being a little MIA recently, I'm going to try to get back on the horse for the month of September. To that end, there is nothing to kick-start writers block like a bad product experience!

Since we are nearing the end of Summer, the need for self tanner might be dwindling. But, some people self tan all year round and are always looking for a good product to try. L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Luminous Bronzer ($10) promises to illuminate your skin for a long-lasting bronze glow while providing the nourishing qualities of vitamin E -- all without an orange-y color or a streaks.

From my experience using this product, I can point out some positive and not-so-positive things. The positives include that it provides instant color with some very obvious shimmer. The color develops more fully over time, but if you are looking for a quick fix tan, then this product would be great; the sparkles provide a bit of glamour as well. I would say the shimmer factor is probably turned up to a 7/10 (10 being full-on glitter), so it is fairly prominent. The tint of the product helps with placement and it dries in an acceptable amount of time (around 10 minutes) and didn't stain any clothes or bedsheets.

Now, with regard to the negatives, there are a few. The first is that this is a very deep color tan and probably too intense for the fair skinned. The difference between the areas where I used the tanner (my legs) and areas where I didn't (my arms) was pretty striking, so this is not a subtle glow in any way. But that isn't even such a big deal compared to the formula. This product resulted in a streaky mess in my hands. I don't know why this would be as I followed all the usual self tanning guidelines (exfoliate, use on dry skin, etc.). I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and still could not get it to look uniform. Finally, I gave up in frustration, knowing that I would be looking at streaky legs for the next week. Also, the scent was the usual toxic self tanner scent that always strangely haunts me; I end up thinking to myself What is that smell that is following me around? many times a day. Then, I remind myself over and over that it is the tanner. It's a little silly, but always happens to me with yucky smelling tanner. I didn't have nice things to say about Sevin Nyne tanning spray either, but it did have a nice scent going for it. L'Oreal Sublime Bronze does not.

Lest you think that I'm completely biased and inept with self-tanners, I will politely point out that there are a few that I have had good luck with. Unfortunately, they tend to be at a higher price point, so this product is doubly disappointing in that it was a potentially less expensive option for self-tanning. Sadly, I will keep looking.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels