Look For Less: Ginnifer Goodwin

Special Screening Of "The September Issue" At LACMA - Arrivals
Yesterday's post on my infatuation with MAC Penultimate Eye Liner inspired me to go poking for some more examples of sexy, modern cat eyes. Success was found with this pic of Ginnifer Goodwin at a premier of "The September Issue" in Los Angeles. She is such a beautiful girl and this makeup look shows off her fantastic features perfectly.

The drama of this look is (obviously) due to the elongated tail of the liner. Other than a few false lashes and a couple coats of black mascara, this eye looks is simple but very, very chic.

Since the MAC Penultimate Eye Liner is a bit on the pricey side, I thought it would be fun to try to re-create the remainder of this look using some more budget-friendly drugstore products.

1) Use the MAC Penultimate Eye Liner to create the elongated cat eye as described above. Apply two coats of very black mascara.
2) To frame the eyes, this look features a well-defined brow. Use quick, light strokes of a brow pencil to fill in sparse areas and then set with a brow gel. Try Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel ($7) for a handy 2-in-1 product.

3) Next, over your favorite tinted moisturizer (here's mine), apply a tawny peach blush like Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush in Sophisticated Sable ($5). Along with the three coordinated shades, the shimmery quality of the blush adds a subtle contouring to an otherwise round face (like Ginnifer's). Be sure to blend well and extend the color back toward the hairline.



4) Finish off the look by adding a coordinating lip gloss. Try Cover Girl Lipslicks Lip Gloss in Bronze Goddess ($4). Forgo lip liner in the interest of keeping the mouth soft--no competing with the eye.

And that's how to get Ginnifer Goodwin gorgeous in a few easy steps, without spending a fortune. Not bad for a Saturday night outing -- I think I might go try this myself!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels