L'Oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation

Having never been a fan of liquid foundation, I wasn't quite sure what to expect from L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation ($11). On initial investigation, the most impressive fact is that the line caries 24 different shades with warm, cool and neutral undertones. To help with finding the perfect color selection, each drugstore display is accompanied by a transparent card meant to be held up to the skin to find a shade that best matches.

As word of advice, don't use this card against the wrist like it instructs. Instead, compare it to your jawline. For most people, the shade on your wrist is not necessarily a good approximation of the face due to sun exposure. Using the shade finding card on my wrist, I thought that I was C5 classic beige. However, C5 was far too dark, orange and definitely not a "true match" for me. On my second try, I took a friend to the store and then we held up different bottles up to my chin to find the one that looked the closest -- a much better system. Using this method, we determined that N2 classic ivory was a winner. So, that's my big advice about L'Oreal True Match: make sure you get the right shade for you and, after that, the stuff works like a dream.

Of course, the whole idea is that True Match is formulated with this "Precise Match" technology that somehow magically makes it able to accommodate slight differences between the shade and your skin for absolutely perfect matching. I can't pretend to explain how this works, but that's the big idea. It also contains some good-for-skin ingredients like moisturizing glycerin and nourishing vitamins B and E. Most importantly, it has a dose of SPF 17.

Overall, this is an excellent product especially at the very affordable drugstore price. It blends easily and naturally for light-medium coverage. The finish is not completely matte but not totally dewy -- essentially it leaves a nice, fresh look to the skin that isn't heavy or mask-like in any way and easily lasts all day. I can't really say enough good things about it, but if you don't believe me, listen to Dita Von Teese who recently tweeted "My favorite foundation is L'Oreal True Match. I use N1. It's Cher's favorite too!" A Dita endorsement says it all.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels