Low Maintenance Must Have: Mai Couture 2-in-1 Oil Blotting/Bronzing Paper

It isn't very often that a truly unique product rolls around. Most are just riffs on the familiar tried-and-true formulas. However, Mai Couture has managed to actually create a new product that I personally have never seen before: a combination blotting paper/bronzing powder. By pressing the tissue-thin pieces of paper gently to your face, the paper simultaneously makes you a little less shiny and a little more bronzy. The color from the paper transfers onto the face, neck or décolleté while the paper absorbs any excess oil. The papers are approximately index card sized and come in packs of 100 for $28. They arrive in a paper wallet which will protect them as they roll around in the bottom of your purse or gym bag.

Mai Couture was kind enough to send me a sample of the 2-in-1 Oil Blotting/Bronzing Papers. Currently, they are available in two shades, Light/Med and Med/Dark. I found that the Light/Med is very light and subtle in terms of pigmentation. It doesn't deposit a ton of the bronzer, but adds a bit more shimmer than I was anticipating. I think that this is quite smart because it means that, even if pink blush was used in the morning, the Mai Couture Papers can be used to touch up mid-afternoon. The bronze from either paper isn't so overwhelming as to un-coordinate the overall look. I found that they are easiest to use if I cut or tear them in half first as this provides better control over where the paper is placed. But, really, the whole thing is very straightforward and dummy-proof.

Overall, the Mai Couture 2-in-1 Oil Blotting/Bronzing Papers are a fun, new addition to the beauty world. These would be perfect for a low maintenance gal as they don't require any special brushes or applicators. Just press and go! Folks who tend to have more oily skin would also do well to check these out. Most makeup artists recommend using blotting paper for excess oil rather than just pressing on more powder. Although this product does a little of both, the amount of powder added is pretty scant and it has the added advantage of perking up that complexion as well.

Mai Couture 2-in-1 Oil Blotting/Bronzing Papers are available on maicouture.com.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels