Shine by bliss at Sheraton Hotels

Staying at a Sheraton recently, I was surprised to find that the bathroom toiletries were made by bliss. The collection "Shine by bliss" is a line of amenities created exclusively for Sheraton hotels. All of the standard rooms come with the Mandarin-Mint shampoo, conditioner, bar soap and body lotion. In upgraded rooms for VIP guests, they also offer Shine shower gel and a specialty body sponge.

Given that most mid-price hotels offer generic "shampoo" and "conditioner" in their rooms, the Shine by bliss was an intriguing change. The Mandarin-Mint scent is fresh and pleasant, definitely leaning more toward the citrus than the mint. Most guests would probably find it to be refreshing and suitably inoffensive to men and women alike. However, the performance of the Shine by bliss products left something to be desired. Typical of hotel shampoos, this one stripped my hair of moisture and left if feeling dry and unruly. Even generous amounts of the conditioner did not correct the imbalance. The bar soap was fairly gentle, but again, too drying and harsh for use as a facial bar. My favorite of the whole collection was definitely the lotion. The texture was silky, it absorbed fairly quickly and provided adequate moisture to my travel-weary skin. I snagged an extra bottle of the lotion to bring home.

Overall, the Shine by bliss collection was a potentially exciting change to the usual hotel fare, but it disappointingly performs about as well as the usual fare. It would be much preferable if the usual bliss product line was included with Sheraton rooms -- the lemon+sage collection would suit me just fine. Unfortunately, for now, the lotion is great but remember to pack the shampoo and conditioner.

 

7 comments:

jessica said...

I can't believe what you say about these products! My hair is really damaged, chemically damaged, and I've spent huge amounts of money on expensive hair products (Kerastase, Alpha-parf, L'oreal, etc), and none of them ever worked. I thought my hair was impossible to be repaired. However, the last time I stayed at Sheraton, I used this Mandarin-Mint conditioner... OMG... it left my hair AMAZING! It's the only conditioner in the world that makes my hair look healthy and shiny. It's magical! Now I'm desperate to get it, but it's only sold in those tiny bottles :( :( TOO BAD!

January 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Kyl said...

Hey Jessica:

Thanks for your comment! That's so great that you had a good experience with the Shine products and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had much luck finding them since then. Maybe ebay? Or maybe planning some future vacations to Sheratons!
January 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Elvira said...

I agree with Jessica, it did wonders for me as well!

February 15, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Leenie said...

I just recently stayed at a Sheraton and used my own shampoo and conditioner but brought the bottles of shine home. Happened to use them the other night just clearing inventory and my hair looked like I came from a salon! Even my husband was asking what I did! love the product!

February 6, 2011 at 9:55 PM
lilspunkey said...

Has anyone found anything in the US that is even close to this shampoo and conditioner?
If so please contact me on lilspunkey@yahoo.com.
Many thanks.

September 14, 2011 at 6:03 PM
Amanda L. said...

Have to say I agree with the other ladies - this stuff is fantastic! I get highlights and my hair often feels dry and frizzy. My mom, who travels a lot, stumbled upon this at a Sheraton and now every time she goes, she cleans out the daily supply for us. I just found out tonight that it can be bought online from Sheraton at Home! This is way better than the Kerastase I was shelling out the big bucks for. Also - my son has gorgeous hair but it's unruly as can be. This is the only conditioner that I've used on him without having to follow up with detangler/smoothing serums. Please give it another try!

September 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM
metalstar said...

I just found these on the Sheraton website. You can purchase direct from them.

January 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels