Spooky!

Halloween as The Grey Lady -- a jilted bride who died of a broken heart and now is said to haunt several castles in the U.K. She is also a fixture as the patron ghost for Ravenclaw House in the Harry Potter series. I got the idea from the Martha Stewart Halloween special issue, so I can't claim any big originality on this one. But, I had fun putting it together.

Especially the makeup! I modeled my technique on Lauren Luke's Raggedy Ann/Vampire look. Even better, I didn't buy any new product except the white face paint to create this look! The products I used included:

DHC Velvet Skin Coat: primer
Urban Decay Primer Potion: eyelid primer
Bare Minerals Sex Kitten Eye Shadow
By Lauren Luke Twilight Ash Eye Shadow
MAC Penultimate Eye Liner
L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara
By Lauren Luke Antique Pewter Eye Shadow (used as blush for that lovely sunken cheek)
Tarte EmphasEYES Brow Pencil
Max Factor Pin Up Pink Lipstick and coordinating Lip Pencil
Ben Nye Oil Based White Face Paint

Sorry I didn't get any better close up shots. But, you get the general idea.
And if anyone has a use for 2 yards of grey lace and 10 yards of gently used grey tulle, please let me know.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels