The Beauty Couch's Best Of 2009

Holidays & Occasions
Ok, well, this person looks absolutely nothing like me but we share an excitement over the rapidly approaching New Year 2010.

Thinking about the New Year inspired me to reflect on what products would constitute my "Best Of" for 2009. After taking many, many factors into consideration, I put together this little collection of my favorite products of 2009.  Maybe you missed a few of them along the way, so I hope you enjoy! (Click on each product name to go to the full review.)

Cosmetics
Foundation

Eye Shadow
Lip Stick

Best Palette

Hair Care

Nail Care
Remover

Polish

Bath & Body
Exfoliating Scrub

Product Most Fun to Use

Fragrance

Tools

Stay tuned tomorrow for "Best of 2009" lists from some of my favorite fellow beauty bloggers. 

 

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Agreed on many of these! I love Tarte Lip Sheers, Remove+m and the Ecotools blush brush. (And the ST. Ives body polish, but I just don't use it enough because I don't have space for it to permanently live in the shower.) This also reminds me that I STILL haven't tried Peaches & Cream.

December 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM
Kyl said...

Hi Shannon!

You should get on Peaches&Cream! Unfortunately, tarte doesn't seem to have any sales going on right now. I got the emphasEYES and the dark circle defense with the 40% off friends and family sale a few weeks ago. Pretty sweet deal -- maybe they will run an end of 2009 special soon!
December 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Danielle said...

Would the Herbal Essences collection (Tousle Me Softly) work for naturally, pretty much completely straight hair?

January 9, 2010 at 11:03 AM
Kyl said...

Hi Danielle!
Thanks for the comment. Y'know, I'm not entirely sure that I can answer this question. My hair has a bit of natural wave and so it works well with the Tousle Me Softly. But, I really don't know how perfectly straight hair would respond. I imagine that some styling would be involved to add waves (twisting, scrunching, rolling it up into a bun and letting it dry, etc). The shampoo/conditioner might help, but I kind of doubt that they will make your hair wavy without any additional "help." Good luck, though!
January 9, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels