Wet N Wild Natural Wear Lip Shimmer


Everyone and their sister is jumping on the natural cosmetics bandwagon these days. That's probably a good thing, but it often translates into higher prices for products of uncertain (or questionable) quality. It seems that even the ultra-cheapo drugstore brand, Wet n Wild has joined in the fray.  The Wet n Wild Natural Wear Lip Shimmers ($2) aim to nourish while adding some shimmery color to the lips.
This amazing lip balm keeps lips chapped-free with a brilliant shimmer and a beautiful hint of luminescent color. Certified by the Natural Products Association with the Natural Seal, its natural, healthy-for-you formula is infused with calming ingredients of vitamins and natural oils to keep lips moisturized and nourished. This conditioning and enhancing lip shimmer not only makes you look great, but is certified great for you!"

I picked up one of these a few months ago and haven't gotten around to writing about it until now.  However, I have been using it like crazy!  Of the nine available shades, I chose 106 (Spice) which is a deep magenta. While I was expecting a sheer color similar to the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, Spice ended up being a little more lipstick-like, imparting a deeper, not terribly sheer, color.  This may be a function of the shade on my pale skin (click here for a swatch of it on a deeper skin tone), but that was my experience.  My main gripe about this product is that, although it contains the word "shimmer" in the title, there is absolutely no discernible shimmer that I could see. But, other than that, I have really enjoyed using it. I think that it does function quite well as a lip balm -- definitely has that creamy, softening feel on the lips. But, while the product was nourishing and conditioning, it is neither luminescent nor creates a "hint" of color as described.  The level of pigmentation is such that I would almost consider it a moisturizing lipstick rather than a tinted balm.

Either way, if you are looking for a cheap, natural product that is gentle enough for daily wear, then WnW Natural Wear Lip shimmers might just be for you! And, at a $2 price point, it's not much to lose.



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels