FOTD: An Easy, Everyday Eye Look

Not uncommonly, I sleep in a little too late and have to rush to get out the door on time. Paradoxically, it is also on these days when I tend to look my most tired and run-down (proving that "sleeping in" doesn't really help in the looking or feeling rested departments). As a result, having an easy, no-brainer makeup look is key.  Today I thought I'd share my favorite workaday eye look. It takes about two minutes, involves minimal products and looks great every time.




Products Used:

The steps involved are quite simple:
1. Apply a thin layer tarte Lifted to the entire eye lid area up to the brow -- this is useful both as a primer and to correct any eyelid redness that contributes to a tired appearance.
2. Apply Benefit Birthday Suit over the entire lid to slightly above the crease -- I usually use my ring finger to do this and forgo messing around with brushes. Build the color with another layer, as needed, until the area looks brightened.
3. Sharpen the Urban Decay Zero pencil and smudge the tip directly into the lash line. Then, take a Qtip and gently smudge what small amount is on the eyelid itself.
4. Curl lashes (optional). Apply mascara -- although I'm not wearing any in the photo, I normally would.

For extra credit, run a flesh toned eye liner pencil along the lower waterline or add a bit of brow highlighter to lift the brow. Both of these maneuvers will further open up the eye area and make you appear more awake.  The golden shimmer goes well with blue eyes, but greens or browns would look just as pretty.  Anyway you do it, I would bet that most people have the necessary products in their makeup bag right now to re-create this look.  In fact, this look is so solid that I often bust this out on days when time is not an issue. Try it out and let me know what you think!

 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You have great eyelashes, because at first I thought you were wearing mascara!

January 16, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Kyl said...

Hi Rebecca:
Thank you so much! I didn't realize that I had forgotten mascara until I was editing the pictures, at which point, I wasn't about to go take them all over again!
January 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels