NOTW: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Uptempo Plum

Today's NOTW comes from the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color collection. The color that I'm wearing, Uptempo Plum ($5), is super cute. It has a dark purple base with red and gold shimmer -- which is more obvious in the bottle in this picture.  The camera doesn't pick up the shimmer as well on the nails, but it comes across in real life. While I love OPI Visions of Sugarplum in all of its flashy gorgeousness, this polish is a toned-down variation that is just as pretty.  Uptempo Plum is a great basic vampy polish at a bargain price.

But because I haven't reviewed anything from this series before, I'll make a few comments on the formula, etc. The Insta-Dri line has the Sally Hansen features a flat brush with a rounded tip. I actually like this brush even though my nails are too wide to be able to accomplish the "one stroke" application. The polish claims "insta-dri," results that "dry to a shiny finish in 60 seconds." I'll just go ahead and say that didn't exactly happen in my hands. The formula does dry pretty fast (less than five minutes) but was still vulnerable to smudging for a while after that. The shiny finish is debatable. While the polish isn't completely matte, I wouldn't call it shiny. It's kind of half-matte finish, if that makes any sense. With regard to the claim of "one coat coverage," in my opinion the polish definitely looks better with two coats. I suppose that you might be able to get away with one really thick coat, but I think that it looks better with two.

Overall, I think that the polish looks and performs similar to a more expensive salon brand. The lack of a high gloss finish is basically the biggest criticism that I have and it is easily remedied by a glossy topcoat. Available in 32 bright and trendy shades, the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color is an affordable drugstore choice for pretty nails.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels