Workaday Touch-Up Makeup Kit

If you are anything like me, beauty-emergencies are a common part of every day life. Ok, maybe emergencies is a bit of an overstatement, so maybe something like beauty inconveniences, mistakes or accidents works better.  Whatever you want to call it, you know what I'm talking about: the smudge of eyeliner that has mysteriously migrated up to your eyebrows, the unfortunate creasing on a crappy new eye shadow, the major nail polish chip or snaggy hangnail...  These things happen to all of us and it is always good to be prepared.  

Years ago, someone gave me a small 4x6 inch zip bag (similar to that cute green bag that is on sale for $9).  It went unused for a long time until I decided that I had had enough of these beauty irritations and needed to pack an "emergency kit" that I could carry with me wherever I went. Although similar to the Wedding Emergency Kit, my Workaday Touch-Up Kit has considerably fewer items. Since I don't want to be carrying around three pounds of crap every day, this kit needs to be streamlined down to the absolute essentials.  Here is what you'll find inside:  

All of this fits neatly in the little pouch which then migrates down to the bottom of my work bag. On weekends, I pull it out and toss it in my purse, ensuring that I am never without these essential items. Certainly, they don't cover every possible situation, but I think that they are enough to keep me looking more on the "pulled together" than "hot mess" end of the spectrum. 

Anyway, I highly recommend this strategy for work week survival. What do you think? Do you have a Workaday Touch-Up Kit? What's in yours?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels