Crazy for Cabana Corals

Coral turned out to be a hot color on the kisser last year. Proving itself to be incredibly infectious, the color is now making an appearance on lips and cheeks.  Ahead of the curve and ready to go for Spring 2010, Bobbi Brown's Cabana Corals collection seriously takes my breath away. Unexpectedly pretty and almost universally flattering, this collection should stop any anti-coral sentiment once and for all.  

I had the chance to check it out in person and even take home a little piece of my own (Calypso Glaze Metallic Lip Color, if you must know) and I can assure you that this collection definitely warrants taking a trip to your local BB counter or to Bobbi Brown online. We may still be a few months away from sunny, Summer weather, but try on a few of these shades and you will be only be one margarita away from a Summer-y mood. No kidding, check these colors out.  

Nectar Shimmer Brick ($38) -- no Bobbi Brown collection would be complete without one of her signature shimmer bricks. These products are a cult fave for a reason and this one is no exception. Wear it on top of a peach blush or on its own for a sun-kissed, coral glow.
Pink Quartz Shimmer Brick ($38) -- this one is a re-release from Bobbi Brown but is nonetheless beautiful and veers definitely more toward the pink.
There are five new shades to the BB family associated with this collection, both Metallic Lip Colors and regular matte Lip Colors (both $22). The Metallics are: Coral Reef (medium pink coral), Calypso Glaze, (golden pink) and limited edition Coral Glaze (nude nectar). The matte Lip Colors are: Guava (bright coral) and Orange (a true coral). Like I said, I have the Calypso Glaze and love it to pieces! Between these five shades, anyone is sure to find a lip color that she will absolutely adore.
Accompanying the killer lip colors are three new Shimmer Lip Glosses ($20) in shades of Golden Nectar (peach coral shimmer) and limited edition shades Sunset Beach (golden pink coral) and Coral Sand (golden peach). I wanted to get Golden Nectar but it was sold out! Denied!
If one wanted to save pennies and get the most coral possible for your bucks, then the dual-purpose Pot Rouges ($22) would be your best bet. These perfectly practical products work as both lip and cheek colors for an incredibly natural stained look. Two new shades are part of Cabana Corals: Cabo Coral (pink nectar) and Calypso Coral (bright coral, shown above). Both are completely stunning and infinitely wearable. 

To see swatches of all the Cabana Corals, visit KarlaSugar. But be prepared, if you are watching your wallet, you will be definitely be tempted. Consider yourself warned: this collection will make a coral convert out of anyone.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels