Get the Look: Anna Kendrick, Oscar's 2010

I didn't actually watch the Oscars last weekend, but I was interested to see which lucky celebrity wore tarte on the red carpet. It was later revealed that tarte's celebrity makeup artist, Sara Glick, worked her makeup magic on best supporting actress nominee Anna Kendrick. To compliment Anna's flowing, blush colored dress, she was inspired by "youthful, ethereal beauty--think soft, natural glowing skin." Using a combination of Arcona skincare and tarte makeup products, Glick created a softly beautiful look that would work on or off the red carpet.

Continue reading for Glick's play-by-play on mastering this look for yourself.

Skin prep:
Glick writes "Anna has beautiful skin and doesn't need much to make it glow. I prepped her skin with a light, all natural moisturizer (Arcona Magic White Ice, $38) to help it stay hydrated throughout the night."

Makeup:
To create a natural flush, Glick dabbed and blended tarte's shimmery coral Eco-Cheek ($30) natural cheek stain on the apples of her cheeks.

For soft healthy pink lips with a touch of shine, Glick used tarte's LipSurgence natural lip stain ($24) in Charmed (light pink) as a base. She then topped the stain with tarte's Eouble-Ended Natural lipgloss ($19) in jake & samantha (using the samantha side-pale cotton candy pink) for added shine.

Finish: 
The look was set with Arcona Lavendar Hydrasol ($40) for a fresh and dewy complexion.

 

2 comments:

beautifulcanvas said...

Anna Kendrick looks very pretty, soft, and romantic here. I chose her as one of the best dressed on my blog post.

March 18, 2010 at 9:24 AM
Kyl said...

Hey b.c.!
Thanks for the comment and I *definitely* agree. She looks so gorgeous and completely age-appropriate! Perfection!
March 21, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels