My New Obsession: tarte Natural Lip Stain

It's not really a secret that I am a complete and total freak for all things tarte. I just love so much about them: the colors, the packaging, the attitude -- it's just so great. So they can almost do no wrong in my book, but this time, they have outdone themselves and created a product that is oh so very right.  The tarte Natural Lip Stains ($24) are a take-off on the classic tarte Cheek Stains ($30). It's no secret that many gals (including myself) would often use the Cheek Stain for double-duty and rub it on the lips as well as the cheeks.  This worked for a short period of time, but wouldn't provide the long-lasting wear that it does on the face.  

However, tarte has now heard our cries for a long-wearing lip stain that has beautiful colors, a moisturizing finish and an unbelievable wear. The result is the tarte Natural Lip Stains with LipSurgence Technology. Let me tell you, these are fantastic.  I've been wearing Joy (peach) for several weeks now and lives up to all the hype.  Here's what you get with these Lip Stains: a beautiful, natural-looking wash of color that is sheer and flattering but actually shows up and then lasts and lasts and lasts.  The texture is quite pleasing -- silky without a hint of stickiness. They claim that the stains increase the lip's moisture content for a plumped and hydrated pout. I don't know about all that, but I do know that they are absolutely, in no way, drying. The small miracle that this is will come as a surprise to anyone who has ever worn a long-wearing lip product and felt the familiar chalky dryness they usually cause. There is none of that chalkiness with the tarte Lip Stains. 

They are packaged in a pen shaped container with a push-up tip so there is no lame and annoying sharpening required to get more product. I've been wearing mine almost non-stop for weeks and the tip is barely worn down, so I fully expect these to last a good long time.  I will say, if you are looking for a really bold lip look, then these stains probably aren't the best choice.  The color selection is limited to six shades right now, but even the most intense colors, Lust (red) and Moody (deep berry), are still sheer. They would be a good base product for a bold lip look, but they won't produce that dramatic, retro red lip you might be wanting. The only other downside is that they are exclusive to Sephora and can't be purchased at other outlets or even on the tarte website. I'm sure there are complicated reasons as to why, but it is still pretty frustrating especially when the Sephoras are constantly sold out of them. I would love to have one of these in every color cannot say enough good things about them. Go get one today, you won't be sorry.

 

2 comments:

faeryone2 said...

not exclusive to sephora, they are also available on QVC.COM
A201329 set of THREE for 34.56
and free shipping!!!

April 16, 2010 at 9:31 PM
Kyl said...

I just saw that offer yesterday and it looks great!
April 17, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels