Zoya Summer 2010: Flash

After the glamour and glitz of Zoya Sparkle, you might think that the companion Summer 2010 collection, Flash, would be subdued and understated. And, you would be dead wrong! As an addition to the mind-blowing, stunningly glitter-ized Sparkle collection, Flash is every bit as bright and as vibrant and attention-grabbing ... only they are creams.  

Now, I love a good cream polish. I really do and a quick perusal of my polish collection easily confirms that.  As such, Flash is definitely talking my language. But, unlike the usual presentation of a classic, somewhat staid, collection of pink, red and burgundy creams, Zoya Flash is a knock-your-socks-off grouping of vibrant shades ready to hit the beach on tips and toes everywhere. Have I convinced you yet of their beauty? Well, let's get to it!

Robyn (perfect turquoise cream) easily makes the point that cream polishes can be anything but boring. I'm not sure that the color is represented exactly as blue as it is in real life -- it is actually a bit darker in shade, but every bit as vibrant. This color reminds me of a bright, clear sky on a cloudless Summer day. Rich and very pigmented, this Robyn was practically opaque in one coat!


Perrie (soft lavender cream) is an adorably Spring-y color even though it is in a "Summer" collection. Another blogger raised the question as to whether "Perrie" is even a real person's name, but I recently saw a re-run of Frasier and the actress that played Frasier's produce, Roz, is Peri Gilpin, which I think is close enough. At any rate, the name Perrie seems to fit because this color is a periwinkle-inspired lavender. I'm not sure it is the best fit with my skin tone, but it is a very unique and non-pink feminine shade.

Dana (american rose cream) is sure to become one of my favorite summertime shades. It is a brighter, more electric version of last year's favorite, OPI Miami Beet. It is a cream rose, which isn't the most revolutionary of shades, but the richness and the vibrancy of the color make it anything but boring.  Fun and playful, this one makes a fantastic mani or pedi. Loves it!

Jolene (summer pink cream) is probably my least favorite of the entire collection. Not that there is anything intrinsically wrong with it, it just isn't a fave color of mine.  My first reaction to this color was Wow, I'm wearing the Barbie dream house. Jolene is about the color that I think every single Barbie doll I ever had wore right out of the box. I had some problems with streakiness in the application of Jolene as well. So, all in all, not my favorite.

Maura (electric crimson cream) does, however, take the prize for my favorite. Similar to Zoya Nidhi, this one is a fun take on a traditional red. It has a bit of a tomato-y color and is anything but a standard red. This one is definitely electric. Bright, bright and brighter, it is a classic red that doesn't fade into the background. If you love that Dita-inspired classic red nails look but like to be a little more daring, then Maura is worth checking out. 

Jancyn (soft tangerine cream) brings up the rear of the collection and this one is also not for the shy. It is pretty unusual but I'm sure it will have its fans. Described as a tangerine, I think the color is closer to a marigold with a richer, more yellow tint. It is orange but doesn't give me a Halloween-pumpkin vibe at all. It is definitely Summer sun and bright Spring flowers. This would look amazing on some warmer skin tones.

So that's it for Zoya Summer 2010! As a caveat, for some reason Flash was difficult to photograph with exact fidelity to the colors, so I do have to make a disclaimer that the shades might be ever-so-slightly different in real life. I think that the basic idea and hopefully the vibrancy of these colors come through. All of them were opaque in two coats with the possible exception of Jolene. Zoya Flash is available now on zoya.com.They will definitely jump-start your Summer readiness.


 

4 comments:

The Girly Tomboy said...

I am SO getting Dana and Jolene! Awesome!

April 11, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Kyl said...

Great! Let me know how you like them!
April 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM

BeautyFanatic said...

I Love ZOYA! I never use to paint my nails but with ZOYA I do!! I love the colors and most of all the nail polish last long! And plus, it applies on sooooo smoothly and evenly. I've tried other nail polish brands but the polish always dries too quickly so then I have to throw it away. I would definitely recommend this product to a friend!

Anywau I've new to the blogging world of beauty, so please follow me! http://truebeautyfanatic.blogspot.com

Love to hear your insights!

April 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Amanda said...

I just stumbled on your blog - I love it! My blog is only a month old, I'd love if you checked it out!

http://www.theglossybeautybook.blogspot.com/

June 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels