Zoya Summer 2010: Sparkle

Those creative folks at Zoya have released two sure-to-be loved collections for Summer 2010: Flash & Sparkle. I posted a quick preview last week because I was so excited that I couldn't wait to share. Today I'm happy to present the entire Sparkle collection.  

My overall thoughts about this are really, really positive. I try not to use the word "bling" because it is  a fairly stupid, over-used word. However, when I first sloppily slapped on these polishes, that was the first word that came to mind. These colors are full-on glitter and they are gorgeous! They make your finger tips look like little jewels (which, incidentally, reminded me of this ridiculous clip from this terrible movie). Anyway, the end result was me wandering around the house looking lovingly at my fingers declaring "Jewels! I've got jewels!" It was a weird scene.
At any rate, without further ado, let's get started with Zoya Sparkle!


Ivanka (mermaid green sparkling metallic) is a beautiful emerald green with golden glitter. The combined effect evokes a scaly mermaid tale. This one is an attention getter so don't wear it if you aren't ready for some comments!
Charla (tropical blue sparkling metallic) continues the aquatic theme, evoking the  sun glinting off the impossibly clear turquoise blue that you find in the Caribbean. Similar to Ivanka this one also has golden glitter and can look slightly greenish in different lights. Again, this is another attention-demanding color. 

Mimi (royal purple sparkling metallic) was destined to be a top favorite. Initially I thought that it would be similar to OPI Visions of Sugarplum, but it is not. This one is a brighter shade of purple with even more pronounced glitter. It is stunning!

Alegra (fuchsia pink sparkling metallic) is a beautiful cranberry color. Gorgeous!

Gilda (fashion pink sparkling metallic) is Alegra's younger, partying sister. A bright, raspberry  shade, Gilda is a pink that is neither subtle nor shy.

Nidhi (rich red sparkling metallic) is the last color of this collection and it is definitely my favorite. I love red nail polish as much as the next person, but this is a unique spin on red. Nidhi is a bold shade of orange-tomato red that would look beautiful on both warm or skin tones. I absolutely adored this one!

These polishes are fantastically beautiful. I had no problems with application or removal. Since I swatched them all in one sitting, there is a bit of glitter on my cuticles in some of the pictures. But, I think that is a result of the swatching procedure rather than a problem with the polish themselves. If you have had wear problems with Zoya polishes, you might want to check out the All Lacquered Up post with an Ivanka wear test and some really useful information about a potentially problematic ingredient in base/top coats.

Zoya Sparkle is available now on zoya.com. The polishes are $7 each or $36 for the whole set. If you are a glitter girl, these were made for you.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels