Get Balmed... Totally Balmed.

It takes a lot these days to get me to seriously consider cracking open the wallet for new cosmetic purchases. Recently, however, some new products on offer from mark made the cut.  I was initially inspired to try the new Lipclick Lipsticks (more on that later...), but along with my order, mark sent me a free tube of Totally Balmed Tinted Lip Balm in Totally Hot ($8).

The unassuming little tube of tinted balm does not make much of an initial first impression.  But, don't be fooled because it is seriously amazing!  The Totally Hot color is a dark burgundy red that is a little intimidating at first glance. It applies sheer, but it is definitely pigmented and will not work for a nude makeup look. What it will give you is a perfect just-bitten, pretty-but-not-trying, French girl lip tint.  You know the one.  Amazingly, it imparts an exquisite amount of pigment without being drying (it is balm, after all...) and leaves a long-lasting stain as it wears.  It does all of these things for less than $10. 

Totally Balmed reminds me a bit of the tarte 24/7 Lip Sheers and Totally Hot is a pretty good match for the Friday shade in that line. While I love me some tarte, the 24/7 Lip Sheers cost almost double what mark is charging for Totally Balmed.  So take that into your calculations!  Sometimes I have my doubts about the product reviews on the mark website because they are almost universally positive and I think a lot of the people commenting are mark reps, but these little babies are pulling down a 84% approval rating. I am not at all surprised.  This little, unassuming black tube could be the answer to your minimally made up, just pretty enough makeup aspirations.  I, myself, am already obsessed.


 

5 comments:

Rakhshanda said...

This balm sounds great!! Lovely blog.....Love your header.

September 23, 2010 at 3:44 AM
Kyl said...

Hey Rakhshanda,

Thx for the comment and the compliment! Come back soon!
September 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Liz said...

Sounds like it isn't too drying as well - I am having to give up on Burt's Bees colors for that reason. Great Blog!

November 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM
Liz said...

Hi Kyl - where can you purchase Mark cosmetics?

November 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Kyl said...

Hi Liz,

You can purchase mark cosmetics online at meetmark.com. Have fun!
January 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Post a Comment

About Me

Kyl
To learn more about me visit my profile page!

Contact Me

Contact me through my form here.

If you represent a cosmetic or skincare product(s) that I might be interested in, please contact me and I'll tell you where to send samples. Please note I will only write about products that I can honestly say something nice about.

Labels